Tell Congress – We Need Climate Action Now!
I am copying this message from EEN.
“This is a critical decade for climate change, and we must continue to act boldly and swiftly to address this pressing crisis. The House-passed reconciliation bill includes $555 billion in transformative climate investments that will make our air cleaner, our communities safer, our economy stronger, and our families and neighbors healthier. These investments also put the U.S. on a path to hit our national target to reduce carbon emissions 50% by 2030 from 2005 levels and the ultimate goal of net-zero by 2050.
Additionally, these investments include:
– Historic investments for clean energy jobs and community climate resilience
– Incentivizing American innovation to help cut carbon emissions in half by 2030
– Stopping wasteful leaks of climate-warming methane and associated toxic air pollutants
– Lowering energy bills for families with affordable clean energy and home energy efficiency
– Creating a new Civilian Climate Corps to advance environmental stewardship and harness God’s creation as a climate solution
– Directing 40% of investments to frontline communities
– Protecting the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
Tell your members of Congress to support the reconciliation bill and the passage of these critical climate provisions. We cannot delay defending our children’s health, our community’s safety, and our environment.”